Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 20:17:42 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Michael Reifenberger <root@totum.plaut.de>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, randyd@nconnect.net, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: postgresql build failure on SMP machine

On Tue, 20 May 1997, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 13:03:08 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
> To: Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
> Cc: randyd@nconnect.net, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: postgresql build failure on SMP machine
> FYI, in case this helps...I'm maintainer for hte source code of
> PostgreSQL, and am running it on both FreeBSD 3.0-Current at home as well
> as FreeBSD 2.2 at the office, neither having exhibited this problem...

I have no SMP and was not able to get 6.0(from ports) running with current.
"vacuum" at the end of initdb crashed the database constantly.

I gave up with 6.0 and using 6.1 which compiles and works out of the box.
Except minor probs - which can be caused by my limited SQL knowledge -
seems 6.1 to be very stable.

Bye!
----
Michael Reifenberger