Date:      Fri, 04 Dec 1998 07:58:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Oleg Ogurok <oleg@ogurok.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Index server (Excite EWS etc.) for freebsd

On 04-Dec-98 Oleg Ogurok wrote:
> HI there.
>
> Is there any good search engine for the web site I can install on my
> FreeBSD box running apache? I'd like my web users would search my web site
> for content. Excite seems to have only precompiled stuff for Linux, BSDI,
> Solaris, etc, but doesn't have for FreeBSD.
> Thank you.

I use ht://Dig and am quite happy with it.  (http://htdig.sdsu.edu)
Another is glimpse.

Patrick

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9