Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 14:06:40 +0100
From:      Burbaickij Ariel <Ariel.Burbaickij@erl9.siemens.de>
To:        "'wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG'" <wpaul@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Information I was requested for

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG [mailto:wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 6. Dezember 2000 00:02
An: Ariel.Burbaickij@erl9.siemens.de
Cc: freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Betreff: Re: Observing troubles trying to install via FTP using Compaq
Netelli gent 10/100 .Please help

The idea is to provide lots of information right away so we don't have
to interrogate you later. (We have ways to make you talk, but we're
busy.) The most important thing is not to interpret the error/status
messages for us. It's important that we see exactly what you see. Don't
say "Card is properly recognized and irq is provided automatically,"
*show* *us* the dmesg output so we can see the kernel probe messages
that show the card being detected.

Things you need to tell us:

- Exactly what kind of card is this. Compaq has sold both ThunderLAN
  and Intel cards as "Netelligent" devices, so you need to be specific.
  =20
  Compaq 10/100 TX Netelligent Card

- What version of FreeBSD are you trying to use? Telling us that
  you're using kern.flp and mfsroot.flp is nice, but you don't say
  what directory you got them from.
  4.1.1
- Don't say things like "card has shown interger link though." First
  of all, I have no idea what the hell that means. Second, it's much
  better if you show us what led you to this conclusion so that we
  have some idea of what's going on.
 =20
  Output from dmesg :
 =20
  DEBUG: ioctcl(3,TIOCCONS , NULL) =3D 0 (success)
  pccard: card inserted , slot 0
  DEBUG: Warning: Zero length name or value passed to
variable_set2(pccard_flags)=3D
  Code 136 not found
  Code 136 not found
  code Unknown ignored
  xe0 at port 0x240-0x24f iomem 0xd0000-0xd0fff irq 5 slot 0 on pccard0
  xe0: Compaq CE3 , bonding version 0x45 , 100Mbps capable
  xe0: DingoID =3D 0x44b , RevisionID =3D 0 , VendorID =3D 0
  xe0: Ethernet address 00:08:c7:0c:7c:b6
  /etc/pccard_ether: not found
 =20
  Hope that helps both me and you.