Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2001 23:11:38 +0100 (MET)
From:      Oliver Lehmann <Kai_Allard_Liao@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bootdisk

Ok..

i've tryed this situation at home, because the aloha machine is at work. i
compile the kernel on my intel machine at home with:

options         ROOTDEVNAME=\"ufs:ad0s1a\"

then i type at bootstraploader (loader stage 4)

boot -r

and he change the rootdevice after loading the kernel to ad0s1a.

I hope the works on my alpha machine too. I will try this tomorrow (when i
am at work ;-)

But, how can i change the "default" boot? when i power on my alpha its sems
to be, that it oots with "boot dva0" but how can i add "-flags r" to "boot
dva0"? i won't change the bootdevice, only add some options to the
bootcall...

Olli