Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 12:51:12 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nathan Torkington <gnat@frii.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   512M in FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE+CAM

We've got a machine we'll be using for our web cache and primary DNS.
We want to put 512M of RAM in it and use the cam kernel.

We duly built a 2.2-stable cam kernel configured for 512M of RAM, and
installed 512M in the machine.  We had to enable the BOUNCE_BUFFERS
option for cam support.  When we brought the machine up, it panicked
on startup when probing the disk controller (aic7890/91) and gave
"brkadrint" panic.

We cut it back to 384M of RAM in the machine (still using the kernel
built for 512M) and it booted fine.

Any pointers as to what could be going wrong?

Thanks,

Nat