Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:27:50 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@acm.org>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, <hubs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FYI - 4.7-RC2 / i386 is on ftp-master.

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Bruce A. Mah wrote:

> I've been sitting on the announcement of this snapshot for over 12
> hours, because it doesn't seem like very many mirror sites have it...is
> something odd happening with ftp-master?

Hi Bruce,

ftp.au.freebsd.org is synced for the ISO and i'm extracting the iso
into the release area now.

in most cases i would advise 48 hours notice - with timezones it
can be a while before some admins will read the mail and then
setup a mirror and..

within 48 hours i'd expect it would be manually or automatically
propagated to a large number of mirrors who can also then provide
feedback to hubs in the initial 24 hours if they have grabbed it..

regards,

-jason