Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 19:47:45 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFSv3 seriously broken in 3.1

> Why I brought this to stable and why think this is rather important is
> the following:
>
> We had a perfectly stable 2.2.7 system which worked fine with our
> Solaris 2.6 server for several months. Merely by upgrading to 3.1 and
> without changing the AMD configuration one bit, the setup broke!

Can you describe the breakage?

You weren't specifying "nfsv2" in the maps you were using in 2.2.7?  If
the list truly feels that v2/UDP should be the default rather than
v3/UDP, I'll glady change it for -STABLE (but not -CURRENT).  I want 3.2
to be the most stable OS we can muster up.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)