Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:28:57 -0700
From:      "Jaye Mathisen" <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
To:        <scanner@jurai.net>, "Patrick" <patrick@eahd.or.ug>
Cc:        "Daniel Harris" <dannyboy@worksforfood.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: postfix && Maildir

I would disagree with this.  I have huge mailboxes of maildir's working
fine from various mailing lists.

If your search methodology consists of just grep and find, then yes, it's
not as handy, but if you use some of the other tools out there, like glimpse
and stuff, it's fine.

Since the postfix people have a vested interest in competing with qmail and
such, I can't imagine them saying anything too positive.

I suspect that overall it's purely a religious issue, with good and bad
points to both sides.

For our (and my) purposes, in conjunction with IMAP and reading the same
folder from
several different machines, (work, home, laptop, etc), maildir works just
fine, and offers
numerous advantages over single mbox-style mailboxes (especially with NFS
involved).

YMMV.