Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:54:03 -0500
From:      pippo@bellnet.ca
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: portupgrade mess

At 11:22 AM 3/13/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>I forced the portugrade of imake. That also rebuilt kde-3. I have found
>that if you don't force, it only updates the ports that have changed.
>It doesn't take care of the full b-dep dependancy list.

Hmmm... now, that's interesting.

I did portupgrade of imake (without any special options) before upgrading
XFree86 as I needed to use the computer (WinXP) and had to wait until off
hours to upgrade the rest. So, I'm wondering if that did not mess up
something. I did notice that KDE3 was up-to-date and did not need
upgrading, but I caught something about KDE3 upgrade on one of the
computers. Does that mean that imake is reponsible somehow for upgrading KDE3?
What is the switch to force the upgrade?
How did the upgrade of imake lead to the rebuild of kde-3?

BTW, any idea how I could reduce the size of the /usr/ports slice - it's
max is about 2Gb and there is about 1.7 in use. It seems a bit bloated and
I certainly don't need all the stuff that is in there...

Thanks,
Phil