Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 1995 08:38:44 +0100 (MET)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        jc@irbs.com (John Capo)
Cc:        handbook@allegro.lemis.de
Subject:   Re: handbook in postscript?

John Capo writes:

> Marty Leisner writes:
> >
> > In docs, there is the handbook in html, ascii and tex.
> > I can't seem to latex it...can someone put the postscript
> >  there?  (even after I got the linuxdoc.sty).
> >

> Add the directory with linuxdoc.sty to TEXINPUTS or put linuxdoc.sty
> in the directory with the rest of the LaTeX style files.
>
> Or ftp://ftp.irbs.com/pub/handbook.ps.gz

It's still a reasonable request to put it there in PostScript form.
I'd say it's a better choice than LaTex.

BTW, if you can't get the LaTeX version formatted, I had no trouble
going via groff:

  cd /usr/src/share/doc/handbook
  make handbook.nroff
  groff -ms handbook.nroff >handbook.ps

Also BTW, I am currently working on an installation guide which Walnut
Creek is planning to supply with the 2.1 release (assuming that Jordan
doesn't win the race :-).  This won't be the same as the handbook, but
it will include some of the contents of the handbook.  If anybody has
any feelings about what should be put into the book, please contact
me.

Greg