Date:      Fri, 24 May 2002 11:25:22 -0700
From:      "Patrick Soltani" <psoltani@ultradns.com>
To:        "KP" <kevin@txun.net>, "Ceri Davies" <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Another named error

What version of Bind are you running? Do the following to find out:
dig @Your-Server.FQDN.NET version.bind chaos txt

If it is 8.2.2 and above then it supports Dynamic updates.
Add the following line to your named.conf file under the zone you want =
to accept Dynamic Updates:
 allow-update { localhost; };

That should do it.
Regards,