Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 1997 21:49:53 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   New snd driver and vat, any success ?

Hi,

  Now that I got my sb16 to work with Luigi's driver, I'm testing vat,
without any success until now.

  The last try was to use the ports-current vat sources and apply the
file in snd/misc/audio-voxware.cc.  No sound.  The output of lsof tells
me that there's no open descriptor to /dev/audio, even when I'm trying
to xmit.

  A cat > /dev/audio works perfectly, and NAS also works well.

  I also tryied vat-and-half and vat-4.0b2 from rah.star-gate.com, but
the results were similar.  The only small difference was with vat-4.0b2,
which had lots of open descriptors to /dev/mixer.

  Is there an easy vat/snd recipe somewhere ?

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br
+55 21 290-4698				jonny@coppe.ufrj.br