Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:19:34 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Jonathon Doran <doranj@Colorado.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SOCKS5 Question

> I have a FreeBSD box sitting behind a Microsoft Proxy Server.  I want the
> FreeBSD box to be able to reach the internet via SOCKS.  I have downloaded,
> installed, and played a great deal with this software.  I can't seem to get
> it to work.  Could someone help me out?  Possibly send me an example config
> file and then tell me what to do to get applications to work....
> I am pretty damn far in the dark with this.  I am totally lost.  Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks a lot.

Which software did you download and play with?  A Socks5 server will not be
of much help, as it fills a similar role to the Microsoft Proxy Server.

You'll need socksified clients, in which case we'll need to know which
clients you obtained.

> P.S.  Please, no reply's pertaining to using Microsoft Proxy Server or WinNT
> at all.  I have my reasons for doing this.  WINSOCK proxy can do wonders....

Hey, if it works for you, no comments from me.  If it fails to meet your
needs, I'm sure you'll re-examine that position.

Jon Doran