Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 09:05:46 -0700
From:      Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
To:        Ronald G Minnich <rminnich@lanl.gov>, Anthony Bourov <abourov@alt.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel's GX managment port client, or any hints on the specs?

Just to followup and update, I am trying to get SmartFirmware (an
implementation of IEEE-1275 Open Firmware) running on x86 with the GX
chipset.  (Please see www.openfirmware.org for info/links.)

I abandoned the Intel L440GX+ motherboard due to similar problems that
the LinuxBIOS folks had.  Well, OK, that and I toasted the board.  Or
bent a pin - not sure really.

Anyway, I'm now trying to get a Supermicro P6DGE going.  It has the same
chipsets (GX, PIIX4) and should be similar enough to let me bootstrap
SF.  I've also got a PromICE (with Trace) hooked in to get some idea of
where my code is dying.

The only thing I'm short on is alcohol.  More news as it comes in...

	-- Parag Patel