Date:      Sat, 7 Feb 1998 12:33:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@luke.cpl.net>
To:        Melvin Brown <melvin@tri-comm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Radiusd

> I am new to FreeBSD.  I dumped Solaris to become a FreeBSD user.  When
> running Radiusd on Solais, I could "ps -ef | grep radiusd" and see
> radiusd running as a daemon, but when I "ps -aux | grep radius," on
> FreeBSD, I do not see RADIUSD running.  I configured it properly because
> it was complaining about it's config files.  Now, I says nothing; leaves
> nothing in the log files, but it does not run as a daemon.  Is there
> anything different about Radiusd the comes with the ports for FreeBSD?

Did you add the radius ports to /etc/services? Also, it may that with ps
aux radius is no long visible on your console. Therefore grep won't find
it. Try ps auxww | grep radiusd, or just ps ax|grep radiusd, and if that
doesnt work just do a ps ax. This is what you need to add to
/etc/services, if you don't already know this(Solaris may already have
this by default?)

radius          1645/udp
radacct         1646/udp