Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:37:46 +0100 (CET)
From:      Matthias Schuendehuette <root@mscu.snafu.de>
Subject:   Re: i4b in FBSD 3.1-S

Hello Jos,

On 18-Feb-99 Jos Vissers wrote:

> I think ifconfig is trying to add a route which already exists.

Sorry, but 'ifconfig' configures an interface and doesn´t set a route!
And, indeed, the interface 'already exists' - but which _file_ does
ifconfig mean? Strange to me.

> I had this, it was due to the wrong version of spppcontrol. I had a
> mixed setup at one point where I had the system spppcontrol with the
> i4b patches and they didn't work together.

This was the hint! I cvsupped the latest sources (via modem ;-) and
did a 'make word' once more (Thanks to AMD, it doesn´t last too long).
And now it´s OK. 'spppcontrol' works again!

BTW-ifconfig not, it works correctly, but complains....

Anyway - thanks for your help!

Ciao/BSD - Matthias

Matthias Schündehütte   E-Mail:   Matthias Schuendehuette
                                  <root@mscu.snafu.de>
Solmsstrasse 44         Phone:    +49-30-69409824
D-10961 Berlin          Data/Fax: +49-30-69409825
GERMANY                 Handy:    +49-172-3270397

This message was sent by XF-Mail on FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE