Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:55:19 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   chicken-egg problem with gnomeupgrade and (mpeg4ip and mpeg4ip-libmp4v2)

Hi,

I'm not a gnome desktop user, but I have the libs and various apps
installed on some machines that where upgraded to 5.3 stable.

I'm now rebuilding all the installed ports for the shared libs bump.

My problem is that the gnome upgrade sh script fails because of mpeg4ip
(20041111:
  AFFECTS: users of audio/faad, multimedia/mpeg4ip
  AUTHOR: lioux@FreeBSD.org)
and following this upgrade entry before running the script fails on the
last step (installing multimedia/mpeg4ip) because:

mpeg4ip-esound-1.1 depends on shared library: atk-1.0.800 - not found
===>    Verifying install for atk-1.0.800 in /usr/ports/accessibility/atk
===>  Installing for atk-1.8.0
===>   atk-1.8.0 depends on executable: pkg-config - found
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if accessibility/atk already installed
===>   An older version of accessibility/atk is already installed (atk-1.6.1)

because the old atk is still installed.

Is a deinstall install on atk, make install in multimedia/mpeg4ip and
running the gnome upgrade script after the right solution ?

Thanks,

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"