Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 14:29:48 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Rob Hurle <rob@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.1

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 05:48:23PM +1000, Rob Hurle wrote:
> 	SUN has recently bought StarOffice, and they now have a CD of
> version 5.1 available (for "free").  This loads under Redhat Linux,
> version 5.1 using a neat X-windows interface.  However, it will not begin
> under FreeBSD.  I have installed FreeBSD 3.3 and the linux_base-5.2
> package.  I've tried setting up
>
> 		/lib -> /usr/compat/linux/lib
>
> (and even putting /lib in the ldconfig hints file).  However, all I ever
> get is:
>
> 	setup.bin: error in loading shared libraries
> 	libvos517li.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> 			directory

Ugh. I was getting the same/similar error about the same file but
without having installed linux_base. Now I'm having problems
installing that (from the ports) :(. Seems like it won't solve my
problem.

If/when you get the solution will you please be sure to post it to
the list, or to me privately.

Thanks.

> The setup program unpacks stuff into /tmp - including lots of shared
> libraries, one being this libvos517li.so (anything with 517 seems to refer
> to version 5.1.7 of StarOffice).  This one refers to other libraries, etc.
>
> 	Has anyone got any further with this, or any clues?  Thanks.
>
> Rob Hurle
> 	Rob Hurle			     rob@coombs.anu.edu.au
> 	Connect-A			      Tel: +61 2 6247 2397
> 	PO Box 13			      Fax: +61 2 6248 8905
> 	Ainslie  ACT  2602		      Mobile: 0417 293 603
> 	Australia

STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.