Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:23:06 -0600
From:      Joe Vender <jvender@owensboro.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about FreeBSD 6.2 Release and CUPS

Can someone please tell me the steps I need to do so that I can use CUPS as
the printing system on FreeBSD 6.2 Release and so that I can connect to the
CUPS server and administer it using the KDE Control Center?

I've tried everything I can find using Google to get CUPS working with KDE,
but even when I manually configure the server to "Listen localhost:631", the
KDE control center shows the server as "localhost:w" and can't connect. Any
help would be appreciated.

Starting from a new install of FreeBSD 6.2 Release, what packages/ports do I
need to (install/not install) and what procedures do I need to perform in
order to get CUPS working and configurable via KDE control center? Please
specify details. Thanks

One last question. Do I need to unset these in sysctl.conf for CUPS
administration to work?
net.inet.udp.blackhole=1
net.inet.tcp.blackhole=2

With them set, trying to connect to the administration page of CUPS via the
web interface timed out and then failed, but when I removed the entries, the
connection failed immediately. If I must unset them, is there another way to
stealth ports 0 and 1 via firewall settings instead?

Joe Vender