Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 1998 09:12:28 -0700
From:      "Aylmer Store" <aylmer@romsoft.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ppd login locks at password

I have a FreeBSD box running 2.2.5 which has been running seamlessly for
over 6 months.  It has 4 dialin modems on pppd which have been working
fine.  Yesterday one of the modems stopped working properly.  It gives
Login: and Password: then sits until it times out.  Account works fine on
other 3 modems.  We have tried rebooting, and replacing the modem with no
change.  We get the same response to an invalid login name and password
(doesn't get to the point of checking your password).

Robert Boyce
(rob@romsoft.net)