Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 1995 10:15:29 +0100 (MET)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier ROBERT)
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Optimizing CVS?

> I would have to say that by this point, waiting around for CVS operations
> has taken a significant part of my life for the last 2 years.  It's
> great, I love it, but damn is it SLOW! :-(  Anyone out there closer to
> the CVS project who could say whether or not thoughts have been straying
> to optimization issues now?

Maybe we should optimize stat(2) before... Ask Remy about the tests
he made between ext2fs and our ffs. Our stat(2) is way slower than the
1.1.5.1 one.

When I used CVS under 1.1.5.1 it was very acceptable. Now, when I
do a cvs update on directories like lib/libc, it is slow.
--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
   FreeBSD keltia 2.1.0-Development #18: Thu Jan 26 22:22:16 MET 1995