Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:06:59 -0500
From:      "Bill Whittle" <waw@amlibs.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Rcmd question

I am having difficulty getting more than 10 sessions to rlogin to another
Unix server. I want more that 10 different logins (all under the same uid)
to be able to rlogin to another Unix server but when the 11th session
attempts to establish the rlogin session I get an error

rcmd: my_other_machine_name_here:Address already in use.

I have looked on the other machine and am able to rlogin to it from its
localhost. The netstat -an command on the freeBSD machine seems to have a
CLOSE_WAIT status or similiar x_WAIT in the status column.

Is there a limit that can be changed?
Thanks in advance for any advise you can offer
Bill Whittle
waw@amlibs.ca