Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 1995 00:08:07 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, phk@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, dfr@render.com, esser@ZPR.Uni-Koeln.DE
Subject:   Re: slow nfsv3 writes

>> I was getting 9K/sec for writes before I complained and this change
>> was made :-).

>How about running a snoop and get some per-packet times ?

`iozone 1 8192' on a 486DX2/66 over lo0 reports reading at
1775129 bytes/sec and writing at 111227 bytes/sec.  tcpdump reports
about 4ms for reading 8292 bytes and about 70ms for writing 8320
bytes.

The problem was that this is actually for nfsv2.  For some reason I
thought that nfsv3 would be the default.

Under nfsv3, `iozone 4 8192' reports ... oops it hangs on netio and
other processes hang on nfsrcvlk and after a little while other
processes hang on ufslk2 ...  This is probably the same problem
that Doug saw.

Bruce