Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 2020 15:51:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Sean C. Farley" <scf@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Saad, Mark" <Mark.Saad@lucera.com>
Cc:        Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>, "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Determining cause of transfer limit

On Sat, 21 Nov 2020, Saad, Mark wrote:

> scf
>  can I use polling on sfxge ? Also if I want to use polling on say ix
> or sfxge does this break things like pf, bird or nsd ?
>
> ---
> Mark Saad
> Lucera Financial Infrastructures, LLC
> msaad@lucera.com

I wish I could help, but I have little knowledge about the device
polling capability.  Did you intend to ask Michael?

However, I can say that according to polling(4) man page, neither ix(4)
nor sfxge(4) are listed as supported by it.  I saw no change regarding
pf with polling in the kernel.  Finally, polling is recommended
(somewhere?) for slower hardware.  If you are using a 10Gb adapter, you
most likely have a faster system that does not need it.

You should ask in a separate E-mail thread if you have issues with that
driver or hardware.

Sean
--
scf@FreeBSD.org

*snip*

> On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 10:24 AM Sean C. Farley <scf@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> I have recently upped my Internet service and have now noticed a limit
>> being reached, but I am not certain which limit and best option to
>> resolve it.

*snip*