Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:13:37 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@logisticsoftware.co.nz>
To:        "Frank J. Zidar" <zidarf@zidar.com>
Cc:        "Freebsd-Questions@Freebsd. Org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Dual network card newbie question

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 10:03:12PM -0500, Frank J. Zidar wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just attempted to install a second network card in my FreeBSD
> server.  The  first card is configured with the IP address of 10.0.0.1.
> I am having a problem determining how to configure the other card
> because no matter what address I choose, as soon as I activate it in
> rc.conf I start getting the following messages:
>
> Jan 27 21:38:15 server /kernel: arp: 10.0.0.5 is on fxp0 but got reply
> from 00:9
> 0:27:37:a7:7f on fxp1

When one gets a second network card, it's usually to connect to a
separate networks. You DO NOT configure the additional card to be on
the same network as the first. What sort of networks are you
connecting your cards to? IP addresses, contents of rc.conf?

Jonathan Chen                           | To do is to be  -- Nietzsche