Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:51:04 -0700
From:      Pat Lashley <patl+freebsd@volant.org>
To:        tapeworm <tapeworm@insekta.org>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Dead Ports..

--==========741795628==========

--On Friday, August 16, 2002 03:25:47 PM -0700 tapeworm=20
<tapeworm@insekta.org> wrote:

> I don't know if this is a proper method for submitting reports for
> broken ports, but if not, i'd appreciate a pointer in the right
> direction.  This is simply a small grouping of the ports I recently
> tried installing which appear to be broken for a variety of reasons.

When it's an actual bug, use send-pr (or the web interface on the
FreeBSD website) to send a bug report.

> ports/audio/cmt : checksum mismatch.  current distfile shows it to be
> MD5 (cmt_src.tgz) =3D 21c6cbf2a755f9c8a6470b395e9a2792.
> as i recall, this requires ladspa as a dependency.
>
> ports/audio/ladspa : checksum mismatch also.  current distfile shows MD5
> (ladspa_sdk.tgz) =3D 00b34b8f9a80a1fe141b643e64ac1681
> this also causes problems when making terminatorx, which has ladspa
> as a dependency.

I'd send bug reports for these two - the port maintainer can download
and expand both versions and verify that the new checksum is the result
of re-rolling the tarball, possibly with minor fixes, rather than from
having some trojan added.  (Make sure you've CVSup'd the latest ports
first to verify that it hasn't already been fixed.  That goes for the
following items as well.)

> ports/emulators/snes9x : a bit of a different error here.. i tried it
> without gmake, also - same error.
> unix/unix.cpp: In function 'void S9xParserArg(char **, int &, int)';
> unix/unix.cpp:294: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> unix/unix.cpp:302: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> unix/unix.cpp: In function 'int InitJoystickFd(int, char *)':
> unix/unix.cpp:772: syntax error before ';'
> unix/unix.cpp:774: aggregate 'struct hid_item h' has incomplete type and
> gmake: *** [unix/unix.o] Error 1
> *** Error code 2

I'd probably send-pr this one as well.  It looks like either a
missing include or an out-of-date dependancy (which may have
eluded inclusion in the dependancy list.)

> ports/graphics/linux-bmrt : no longer downloadable from exluna, due to
> the company being aquired by nvidia.  i checked both exluna and nvidia's
> sites, but didn't find any download point.

This looks like another PR that can probably be quickly taken care
of by the port maintainer.  (Probably by removing that entry from
the MASTER_SITES, if the distfiles have already been stored on one
of the more generic sites.)

-Pat

Curiosity is a willing, a proud, an eager confession of ignorance.
					- Leonard Rubenstein