Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:32:23 +1000
From:      Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        freebsd <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Next Question. Which is better. 64K ISDN, or 56K/33.6 POTS ?

> Well, having done the sums. I'm in Australia by the way, a permanent ISDN
> connection just doesn't seem worth it, not for 64K anyway. No way can I afford
> 128K.

A 64K ISDN link would cost $1000 to set up, and on average $350 to $400 a month to
run. Not to mention a couple of K for a router.
The telcos really encourage usage in this country there's no doubt.

Thanks for the helpful comments by the way. Interesting.

Robert

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au. Publications From China in 24 different languages.
English, French, German, Russian, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, Burmese, Bengali,