Date:      Fri, 28 May 1999 02:31:48 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, bob@anet.donetsk.ua, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, mboers@datacompusa.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiproc kernel 3.1-Release & Cyclades Cyclom 8Yep PCI

>>There seems to be a problem with nested locks.  What was the panic
>>message?
>
>I have the same problem with my Cyclom Ye cards (both the isa & pci
>variety)
>
>The kernel panics with:
>
>panic messages:
>---
>panic: rslock: cpu: 0, addr: 0xf026a15c, lock: 0x00000001
>mp_lock = 00000001; cpuid = 0; lapic.id = 00000000

That's the problem with nested locks.

>after crash debugging shows that the value of com is 0x3 at the time of
>crash.  Since com is a pointer, I think we know that it is wrong.  I have
>added a printf statement to a varitation of cy.c that shows that just
>before the call to commctl, the value of com is correct (not 3).

I don't think that's the problem.

>Any help towards getting the cy driver up and running on the smp kernel
>would be appreciated.

See hints in my previous mail.  The main problem is that disable_intr()
isn't doesn't nest properly and I only avoided this problem for !SMP
case.  The SMP disable_intr() is an evil macro that calls a locking
function which crashes if the lock is already held.

Bruce