Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:35:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Harkitrat Singh <harkirat@cs.pdx.edu>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problem run fsck manual

When I was happy that my FreeBSD is running well I faced this problem, I
shut down my laptop with following command

# /sbin /shutdown -h now and after that I switched off the power and then
I wanted to power it on once again and this time I got error that

"THE FOLLOWING FILE SYSTEM HAD AN UNEXPECTED INCOnSISTENCY:
   /dev/ad0s1f (/usr)
Automatic file system check fail and run fsck maually..

I tried with fsck -p
             fsck -y / /usr /var

and after that(second fsck command) I got segmentation fault, now I do not
know what should I do. I do not have any partion, Please also suggest me
how can I avoid this in the future.

Bye,

Harkirat