Date:      Sat, 30 Nov 1996 19:31:02 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        ache@astral.msk.su (Andrey Chernov), ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Suggestion for lynx

Hello all,

the FAQ entry 2.15 now has a reference to
/usr/share/doc/smm/05.fastfs/paper.ascii.gz.  While Netcrap can easily
cope with this, and displays the file, lynx cannot do it by default.

However, lynx provides for a good control about which `downloaders'
are availabe, and FreeBSD ships with zmore(1) by default.  zmore can
display either compressed, gzipped, or plain text files using
${PAGER:-more}.  Hence, adding the following rule to our default
lynx.cfg would IMHO be a big win for our users:

DOWNLOADER:Display using zmore(1) (plaintext, .Z or .gz files are allowed):zmore %s:TRUE

What do you think about this?  (Note that lynx is also offered by
sysinstall to browse through the documentation, that's why in noticed
it.)

--
cheers, J"org