Date:      Fri, 4 Mar 2011 22:02:45 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@ttel.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mem leak : malloc/free + pthreads = leakage?

Hi all,

I have a moderately threaded userland program (all C) I am working on =
(using pthreads, freebsd 8.1 64bit).  It seems to leak memory (using =
standard malloc/free) badly.  I am using pcap to capture packets and =
process them. I have a handful of libs statically linked in (pcap is =
one, the rest don't seem to matter - I can remove them and still see the =
leak). =20

Does anyone know of issues regarding malloc/free on multithreaded =
userland apps? =20

Sorry, I can't post the code..

Thanks!
Eric