Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:51:50 -0500
From:      "Kevin" <k@kevinkevin.com>
To:        "'Gaurav Ghimire'" <gaurav@subisu.net.np>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: External scripts with PF.

> For tracking source IPs and adding them to a table, you can already do
> this, c.f. max-src-conn and overload in the pf.conf man page.
>

> If you use the overload keyword to dump the bad IPs into a table then
> as a quick and dirty solution for scripting you can the run a script
> from cron every few minutes to do something like:
>
> pfctl -t table_name_with_bad_ips -T show

To continue on Peter's idea , here's a script I wrote to parse pf tables and
send email alerts based on the output. You can run it as a regular cronjob :

http://blog.stardothosting.com/2009/08/12/freebsd-pf-packet-filter-shell-scr
ipt-to-report-on-hacking-attempts/

it not up-to-the-minute, but it works pretty good as a daily mail alert.