Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2006 14:01:40 -0500
From:      "Travis H." <solinym@gmail.com>
To:        "Christian Meutes" <christian@de.clara.net>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RDR for locally generated traffic

On 7/15/06, Christian Meutes <christian@de.clara.net> wrote:
> Then would it be possible to bind the IP to lo0 as an alias, connect to
> this IP
> and then let the rule rewrite the destination to a other one which lies
> on fxp0
> directly?

Hmm, gosh, I don't really know without trying.  I think so, it should
be like any other incoming packet as it arrives on the lo0 interface.
Try it and let us know!

You could also use route-to, or a static route, rather than an if
alias, to get it to go to lo0, I think.
--
``I am not a pessimist.  To perceive evil where it exists is, in my
opinion, a form of optimism.'' -- Roberto Rossellini