Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 07:41:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tim Erlin <tperlin@yahoo.com>
To:        Siegbert Baude <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Konqueror, Windowmaker, and Samba - SOLVED

--- Siegbert Baude <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de> wrote:

> Would be nice, if you could post the trick on the
> list. I tried it for

No problem.

If you've installed all of KDE, you've skipped the
hard part. In order to get Konqueror to run under
Windowmaker, I had to install the packages for KDElibs
and KDEbase. With those installed, Konqueror runs fine
as a web/file browser.

To use it to browse samba shares, I had to install
Samba first. Then, within Konqueror, I had to map the
file type 'smb' to /usr/local/bin/smbclient

settings-> Configure Konqueror-> File Associations

The smb file type is located under "all." It did have
smbclient in there by default, so I removed it and
added it again with the full path to the executable.

Seems to work now. Hope that helps.

--Tim