Date:      Fri,  5 Sep 2003 14:14:50 -0700
From:      jdearl@telus.net
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Another ThinkPad R40 setup

Hi,

Well, I sold my Toshiba Satellite A10, and ended up getting a ThinkPad R40
(2722-CU2 on ibm.ca).  I've been working on setting up 5.1 on it today, and have
made some progress thanks to the previous experience of others on freebsd-mobile.

The first problem was with the fxp device, and "device timeouts." I got past
that by commenting out sio and pcmcia related devices in the kernel.  I still
need to go back and see if it was sio or pcmcia stuff, or part of the pcmcia
devices.

Next XFree86 would core dump.  My R40 has the ATI Radeon M6 LY.  What seemed to
fix it was intel_agp.c rev 1.17 which was referenced in another e-mail here
regarding an Inspiron notebook having the same problem.

I have ACPI enabled, although I haven't tested the various ACPI functionality
yet.  As FreeBSD boots I get alot of errors such as:

"ACPI-1287: *** Error: Method execution failed [\\_SB_.PCI0.LPC_.EC__._INI]
(Node 0xc400f1e0), AE_NOT_EXIST"

My BIOS version is 1.14.  If someone would like to see all of the errors, I can
provide the output.  Btw, thanks for all the previous comments which have helped
me get this far!

p.s. IBM's predesktop partition doesn't show up during the FreeBSD installation
and as a result, I didn't delete it, and it still works. :)