Date:      Sun, 5 Sep 1999 11:36:37 +0200
From:      Barry Irwin <bvi@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        Incoming Mail List <mailist@whoweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dhcpd lease time-outs

On Sun 1999-09-05 (04:02), Incoming Mail List wrote:

> I'm using isc-dhcpd V3.alpha on FreeBSD v3.0 and have
> lease time-outs configured for 86400 seconds (for both
> max-lease-time and default-lease-time) in the
> /etc/dhcpd.conf file.
>
> However, winipcfg on my win98 box and the dhcpd.leases
> file on my FreeBSD server both indicate that leases
> are timing out after only 3 seconds.  I know that
> dhcpd is reading the config file because I can change
> other parameters and see them take effect when I
> manually renew the lease.  I've tried placing the
> lease time-out definitions within the config file
> both globally and within the ip address grouping for
> my private network, but the lease is always delivered
> with a 3 second time out.

One thought, have you got both amchines set to the same timezone ?

I've got these optins set in the global portion of the dhcpd.conf  and
things work fine.

option domain-name "moria.org";
option domain-name-servers 192.168.1.1, 146.231.128.5, 146.231.29.2 ;
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.00;
option routers 192.168.1.1;
default-lease-time 72000;
max-lease-time 144000;

subnet stuff { }

This seems to be what is indicated by the dhcpd.conf man page.

Barry