Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2012 20:42:33 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
Subject:   Re: What replaces csup?

Paul Schmehl writes:

>  Does csup use subversion now?  Or do we need to use something
>  else to fetch source?

	As I understand it, for the average user c(vs)up and subversion
serve the same function using different methods (both in terms of
identifying what files need to be fetched and actually fetching
them).  At this level of discussion they are mutually exclusive.
	I have switched from csup to subversion for ports and docs.
After modest preparation it was essentially painless.

				Robert Huff