Date:      Sun, 16 Oct 2005 10:32:25 +0300
From:      George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net>
To:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new web site - bring back the old one

On Sunday 16 October 2005 03:04, jonathan michaels wrote:
> first, let me apologise to all teh people who were cc'd as part of my
> how to mavigate .. i also i managed to kill/seriously main my
> 'comft\rotable and old friend' keyboard which is configured differently
> and smaller than the one i've used for the last 10-13 odd years.

Hello Jonathan,
--cut--
> this idea may or may not be truely relevant to all who have serious
> objections to teh overal usability of teh freebsd, the way the whole
> internet html herd is being driven. i have yet to be able to run the
> new freebsd.org html web page code tree through a stable/reliable
> "usability" verification protocol but given what i've seen of teh new
> code tree i am reasonably sure that it is not going to come out as very
> disabled user 'compatible', 'friendly', 'usable' pick whatever "P.C."
> sourced euphamism you wish to choose.
>
> also, given the constant drive to be standards complient does
> freebsd.org have any detailed plan to include or even have as one of
> teh bew sites goals to be complient with several, any of the
> international complience standards that are now being expected of
> multi-media authors and web based html authors in particular,
> complience protocols that contain penalties for those who breach the
> federal laws, as we have here in australia --- web authors now have a
> legally defined "duty of care" to make sure that thier web pages are
> accessible/usable to/by disabled people out in teh community at large
> (this dose not mean that teh disabled are then forced to go and buy all
> teh special dodads giszmos hue sccreen lcd type "tv" to be able to read
> even the large-font print.

Apparently you should educate the rest how to make the site more friendly for
your needs. I tried hard to find some information about that, but seems I
failed to hint and feed the search engines as well. I find these docs
relevant to educate myself:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/PWD-Use-Web/
http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20011111.html

Is these enough to comply with ? It should be better if you summarize in a
bullet list of what will make your life easier with the site, for instance:
* use fonts like that...
* dont use thit like that...
* go to this URL to see a real world example, and it is friendly for me
because of this and that ...

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB