Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 2009 08:16:55 +0100
From:      Patrick Proniewski <patpro@patpro.net>
To:        Dieter <freebsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 1405 on FreeBSD

--Apple-Mail-4-875741303

On 15 nov. 2009, at 22:42, Dieter wrote:

> 7.x doesn't support NCQ either.  :-(  I'm waiting impatiently for
> 8.0 to come out. as I need NCQ.  Speaking of which, I've read that
> some controller/disk combinations have problems with NCQ?  Is there
> a way to turn NCQ on/off on a per-disk basis?

Are you sure 8.0 will support NCQ? I've searched for "NCQ" on the
freebsd web site (using google), and found nothing about it's
implementation in the system.
Wikipedia states that "FreeBSD fully supports AHCI and NCQ since
version 8.0" <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Command_Queuing>; but
gives no reference.

pat
--Apple-Mail-4-875741303--