Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 1995 14:14:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      kline@tera.com (Gary Kline)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   NAS

    A few things remain to get set up on this FBSD 2.0.5.  Like
    figuring out uucp to receive mail and news.  And howto change
    the XConfig file to work at 1280x1024.

    But these are things I'll have to mess with myself.   (But
    if anyone is using the TS4000 driver  and has an XConfig
    working at 1280x1024, _please_ send it!!)

    Last night I got serious with the nas-1.2 suite.  After a few
    hours of minor hacking, I got everything built and installed
    correctly.  (Maybe!)  When I try something like ``audemo''
    I get an error about not being about to connect to the server.

    In my .cshrc is:

    setenv AUDIOSERVER localhost:0

    which is about as generic as I can get.  Anybody out there
    run into this before and resolved the problem?   --It looks
    like a networking problem, and that is a field that I'm just
    beginning to learn.

    BTW, the main reason I got a soundboard was so that I'd have
    something strictly for fun....  So far, not much luck.

    If anybody can clue me in, I'd be much obliged.

    gary

    kline@<<various.places>>