Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:12:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
Cc:        cpiazza@home.net, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: downgrading a port?

Satoshi

I did not do the 0.88.1 port, and there are some problems with
that version and rogue symlinks.  I have a new port of 0.88.1
sitting in my private tree based on the 0.88.9 port (Yes, I appear to
be running in circles.), but 0.88.9 appears to be a rather
unstable version.  A diff and send-pr between the new 0.88.1 and
the current 0.88.9 port will probably minimize the pain.

Sorry about the unforeseen problems.

sgk

--
Steve