Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:40:41 +0300
From:      Kirill Bezzubets <kirill@solaris.ru>
To:        dave@mountain.dogwood.com
Cc:        Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: audio on dell cpi d300xt

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 03:01:22PM -0800, dave@mountain.dogwood.com wrote:

> Duh, sorry about that - it's 5.0.
>
> How do I disable ACPI in a friendly fashion?
>
> dave c
>
> > On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:36:03PM -0800, dave@mountain.dogwood.com wrote:
> > > Has anyone gotten this to work?
> > [...]
> > > The relevant line from dmesg:
> > >
> > > pcm0: <CS4236> at port 0xf8c-0xf94,0xe0e,0x52c-0x533 irq 5 drq 0 flags 0xa111 on isa0
> > >
> > > (I've played around with various flags with no change in behavior)
> > >
> > > when I try to play audio I get a "play interrupt timeout, channel dead" message.
> >
> > You don't say which FreeBSD version you're running. On 5.0 I had the
> > same symptoms until I disabled acpi. Then sound worked without any
> > problems or additional configuration.

 Looks strange, because on my CPi D266XT with the same
 CS4327 chip everything works well under ACPI.

 Although DMA settings seems to be wrong:
 CPi D's CS4327 uses drq 1 for playback and drq 3 for recording,
 so the correct hints should be

 .drq="1"
 .flags="A113"

 Also make sure you enable FULL DUPLEX in BIOS.

 But I've noticed such error message on 5.0 with many other cards, i.e.
 Creative SB16 (non-PnP), OPTi 931 and so on.

--
BR,
Kirill Bezzubets                                CASE-RIPE CASE-RIPN