Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 2020 16:33:31 +0000
From:      realmcjames <realmcjames@protonmail.ch>
To:        "freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   New change in Ralink driver/chipset name [Needs devs attentions]

Hello developers;
Recently I came to this issue, I bought a Tenda W311ma a known brand that w=
as previously working without problem under FreeBSD.
by all accounts it had the Ralink RT5370 chipset.
Recently the Ralink company is acquired by MediaTek corp.
this chipset is getting rebranded and renamed to mt7601u.

ugen7.2: <MediaTek 802.11 n WLAN> at usbus7, cfg=3D0 md=3DHOST spd=3DHIGH (=
480Mbps) pwr=3DON

I urge devs to take look in this issue and see what should be done.
What I can offer is to test and debug the could on my device and compare th=
e results.
Truly yours.
James.

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?4n8LOdDv_z0gfJ8J7qVmG845e6Cw7m8j2Nb77PwEv8j_tqCVT_TF98ssPCTnxidu5lLVAbyeVbk6gj-GJCSoeWwXAQd1-ZhJse_Zyves6NU=>