Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:09:13 -0700
From:      Joe.Warner@smed.com
To:        Mark Blackman <mark.blackman@dircon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, John Brann <john@brann.org>
Subject:   Re: Tibco RendezVous

>I recently discovered that a CRM package called "rightnow web" is
>also available

The Daemon hides in more places than most people realize.

Unfortunately, he hasn't gotten the publicity he deserves.

But...the times are a changin.  8^}

Joe

|--------+-------------------------->
|        |          Mark Blackman   |
|        |          <mark.blackman@d|
|        |          ircon.net>      |
|        |                          |
|        |          11/17/00 03:51  |
|        |          PM              |
|        |                          |
|--------+-------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     John Brann <john@brann.org>               |
  |       cc:     freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, (bcc: Joe       |
  |       Warner/SMS)                                       |
  |       Subject:     Re: Tibco RendezVous                 |
  >---------------------------------------------------------|

I recently discovered that a CRM package called "rightnow web" is
also available for FreeBSD (www.rightnow.com)

- Mark

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 01:38:37PM -0500, John Brann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A puzzling thing has happened.  I work for a company which is a heavy
user
> of Tibco's Rendezvous messaging software - not uncommon in and around
> Wall Street, and increasingly common elsewhere.
>
> I came to my attention (when I was installing Rendezvous on my desktop
> machine in the office) that there is a native FreeBSD version.
>
> That surprised me a little (on reflection, I know that Yahoo uses it, so
> maybe that helps to explain it) but what surprised me more was that the
> freebsd.org site has no references to it (Tibco isn't listed in the
> vendors page(s)) nor could I find any mailing list references.  There
isn't
> even a Port.  (OK - I know,  'make one', I'll give it a go)
>
> Why so quiet?  Here is a commercial product, natively supported on
FreeBSD,