Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:51:32 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My BIOS wants to know "Do you have a PNP OS?"

>  > Most will actually configure PCI cards; those that don't may configure
>  > just those that might form part of the boot path.
>
>  > More significantly, when set to "yes", ISA PnP cards will not be
>  > automatically configured.  This is bad.
>
> This is not my experience. My 3C509B won't work when the PnP option is
> set to NO.

Add PnP support to the if_ep.c, then.  There is an example of how to
do this at the end of if_ed.c; you need to look at the output of
pnpinfo to find out what ids to put in there.

If you don't know how to do this, throw the output of pnpinfo at me
and I'll try to get back to you with patches.

Eivind.