Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:58:29 -0400
From:      "Jules Gilbert" <julesg@newebmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   how do I verify how sshd is starting?

Someone else put my FreeBSD box together.

How to I determine whether sshd is starting via rc.d or by inetd?

I've had to tighten down the box and the changes I've made don't seem to =
have any effect, though I did a shutdown and restart.

Please email me your answers -- I am in a critical situation here; and =
seem to have been 'discovered' in the way no one appreciates.

Also, I'd appreciate a reference to a text (on-line or the paper kind) =
discussing topics such as:  hosts.allow, inetd.conf, sshd.conf, you =
know, the stuff I should have been learning about all along...

My email is julesg@newebmail.com

--jg

PS:  Thank you;