Date:      Sat, 7 Feb 2004 00:41:07 -0500
From:      Tim Middleton <x@Vex.Net>
To:        python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wxMozilla and documancer

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 20:37, Ying-Chieh Liao wrote:
> maybe you have to
> ldconfig -m /usr/X11R6/lib/firebird/lib/mozilla-1.5

That's the same effect as setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable ... tried it
anyhow just to make sure. Still get the "NameError: name 'wxWindowPtr' is not
defined" error.

> On my 5.2-CURRENT (2004/01/06) everything is ok

That's good to hear at least. Hmm, maybe I need to rebuild something.

Umm....

Looking around I discovered a post related to this error, where Robin Dunn
suggests that it is some sort of swig generated problem where wxPython.wx
doesn't get imported. He suggests importing wxPython.wx explicitly before
doing a "from WxPython import <module>"... and... it does indeed fix things
here:

>>> import wxPython.wx
>>> from wxPython import mozilla

No error...

Now my only question is why does my system seem to have this problem requiring
that, and yours not.

I have no idea, but I added "import wxPython.wx" at the top of
the /usr/local/bin/documancer file, and it no longer complains about not
being able to load wxMozilla...

--
Tim Middleton | Cain Gang Ltd | I care not much for a man's religion whose
x@veX.net     | www.Vex.Net   | dog or cat are not the better for it. [A.L.]