Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 04:44:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Lars Eighner <eighner@io.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why can't I run seejpeg?

         Why can't I run seejpeg as a normal user?

         I am told "you must be the owner of the current console ..."

         But I AM the owner of /dev/console.  I have option uconsole
         in the kernel and I have /dev/ttyv0 0600 /dev/console in
         /etc/fbtab.  That makes me the owner of /dev/console
         (verified by peeking at /dev).  Moreover seejpeg is suid
         root and I belong to group wheel.

         So how come I can't run seejpeg?

--
Lars Eighner