Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 1998 07:12:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stuart Krivis <stuart@apk.net>
To:        Chris Carpenter <Anakin@cchat.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Questions

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Chris Carpenter wrote:

> What are the hardware requirements of running a server, and what
> materials would you suggest to get in order to setup a web server.
> What kiund of manuals are there.  I have been using Linux for awhile,

Anything from a 386 up. A lot depends upon what kind of usage it will see.
I'd say that, if you use SCSI, a Pentium 166, and 64 MB of RAM, you will
have a very nice server. (And you probably do not need this level of
hardware really.)

Get "The Complete FreeBSD." It's an excellent book for the most part, and
will answer your questions. (The only thing I don't like about it is that
they included printouts of man pages - about 1100 pages worth. It makes
for a very large book.)

--

Stuart Krivis    stuart@krivis.com