Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 08:35:14 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        davemeck <davemeck@drizzle.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NTFS partition and BSD

davemeck said on May 18, 2000 at 19:24:45:
> If I am going to install FreeBSD on a system that currently runs NT
> 4 Workstation, and has both partitions formatted in NTFS, do I have
> to create a third partion that is FAT formatted?

You don't need a FAT formatted partition.  You need a spare partition,
which contains no useful data already, on which you'll put FreeBSD.
FreeBSD will format that partition in its own way (actually it will
make its own UFS-style partitions inside that) so it doesn't matter
what format that partition had earlier.

R.